Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Long time no hear from...

It's been several months since I have updated my blog, sorry about that!
So many things have happened and changed over these last few months, my daughter has moved back home for awhile with her stuff, a dog, a cat and a bunny. After not having her living at home for 4 years this is an adjustment for all of us. I will say this though it's been really nice having her so close, we cook, shop together, watch tv and gossip. All the things that husbands tend to do under protest, ignore or just won't do at all..
I have also spent a great deal of time learning and practicing more with pyrography. This of all the things that I have spent the last 4 years teaching myself it is the one thing that I found that I get total enjoyment out of. I can be stressed to the max but when I sit down and take a plain piece of wood and turn it into something that I am proud of, all my stress seems to go away. The once craft area's I had have considerably gone down in size to accommodate my daughter and her things, it's ok though because it has forced me to concentrate on one thing at the moment instead of doing a bit of card making, a bit of sewing, a bit of transferring and all the other crafts that I have spent the last 4 years teaching myself but not becoming as good at them as I would have liked. I am not giving up any of these crafts I am just concentrating on one until I become confident enough to consider myself as approaching professional :-) .

I would love to take a pyrography class, unfortunately there are none offered in my surrounding area's.
The days are getting shorter here in Sweden now which in my case means that I can not drive in the dark. After having my license taken away because of poor night vision I have now been given it back, with restrictions! I can only drive during daylight hours, this means that I can not start driving until one hour after the sun comes up and must stop one hour before the sun goes down. This makes it hard to take fall and winter classes of any kind due to the lack of daylight hours. Oh well at least I can go get milk now if I need it.

Back to my pyrography... During the last few months I have burned many boxes, spoons and just recently I started burning animals. My goal is to one day in the very near future learn to burn portraits. To help aid me in learning more about pyrography I bought several books from the internet, I have read these books over and over again while practicing and practicing and practicing and more practice. I do feel that I have come a long way since I started pyrography. I hope that you all enjoy my projects as much as I do :-).

Another bit of news, myself and my wonderful friends in England decided to knit scarfs for Detroit, Michigan's less fortunate. Winter can be harsh in Michigan. My Son and Daughter in law work with a couple of different shelter's in Detroit. They collect coats, hats, scarfs, toiletries just to name some for the less fortunate. To date we have more than 90 scarfs and more than 25 hats going to Detroit in December. I am very grateful to my friends Doris and Trevor in England, they have done 70 of these scarfs and more than 15 hats. Love you both dearly <3 .

I will be adding my newest pyrography to the site. I also will do my best to not wait several months before updating...












 

No comments:

Post a Comment