Monday, April 21, 2014

Another Easter has Past....

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter...
Last week was a hectic week, this week is going to be no better. One good thing is, I will not have to think about Easter dinner.
I spent a lot of time last week practicing quilt stitches and pyrography. This week I will attempt to sew together my first bigger (twin size) quilt if I can get my hand on a pair of quilting gloves, I find that my hands have a tendency to slide a little too much on the material. Due to the fact that it is not easy to find these things here I might have to order them from the net.

In the last week I have burned a sign for someone that I want to say Thank you to.

This is the result of my 1st sign. Woodburning I am finding is something that I really enjoy doing. 
I almost feel like an artist. :-)
Today I started a box with a country cottage on it. The details and blending in this project take time and patients. It might come out alright or it might not, either way it's great practice. Look for pics of the finished product sometime this week.

The last project I have going now is something that has a lot of meaning for me. I have lived in Sweden now for about 11 ½ years but before moving here for 42 years my only home was Detroit MI. Almost all of my family live in MI. I have children and grandchildren in MI. 
The last couple of years my son and daughter in law take up a collection around Nov./Dec for the homeless and needy.They collect winter coats among other items. This past December they gave the two shelters they work with 300 coats. This however only put a dent in the actual amount of coats that were needed. I have decided that I am going to try to do something to help for 2014. From now until the end of October I will spend my evenings knitting scarfs and hats for the homeless and needy in my home town of Detroit. 
Winters in Detroit can be very harsh and very cold. A hat and scarf I hope will keep someone a little warmer. I am also very happy that a couple that are very close to me have decided to pitch in and knit a few scarfs to the cause. 

HELP!!
If there is anyone out there that can give me some tips on inexpensive shipping to Sweden it would be appreciated. I am looking for having material and other of my hobby items shipped to me. The problem is that shipping international has a tendency to cost double or more then the products that I want. So HELP!!

Have a good week!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment