Friday, April 11, 2014

A weekend tip..

With all of the things I am learning, the books that I am reading & the video's I'm watching, time is not something that I have a lot of.
I found this amazing tip I have to share. Cutting your fabric for quilting takes a lot of time. I am one of those people that can not cut a straight line with a ruler. Rotary cutters are great if you can manage not to have your ruler slide on the fabric. With just the couple of quilts that I have cut fabric for it just amazes me how many cuts did not come out as straight as I thought they were.
Here is a tip that I read about. If you are into card making and happen to have a big shot die cutting machine you also have the beginnings of tools to cut many pieces of fabric accurately. I happen to have a big shot so I got a couple of quilt dies and tried it out.
WOW! I placed my fabric on the die, sandwiched it then ran it through the machine. In less then half hour I had 72 half-square triangles, 4 ½ in finished squares cut. the start of my next quilt. :-)


1 big shot die cutting machine +
1 quilt die cut +
fabric =
72 4½ in finished squares in less then half hour..
 

1 comment: